To become a Sanctioned Ride Leader, a KBC member must:
- Complete the Sanctioned Ride Leader Registration (on-line link available here), content of which is shown below.
- Attend a regularly scheduled KBC meeting to be appointed by the KBC Executive Committee to the position of Sanctioned KBC Ride Leader.
All KBC Sanctioned Ride Leaders must:
- Pledge to conduct rides in accordance with the KBC “Ride Leader Guide” and “Group Riding Guidelines” found on the “Resources” page of the KBC website https://www.kalamazoobicycleclub.org/resources/
- Be familiar with information in “What Every Michigan Bicyclist Must Know,” available at https://www.lmb.org/bike-mi/what-every-michigan-bicyclist-must-know/
- Serve as a leader, or sweeper, for at least two regularly scheduled Club Rides, listed at the bottom of the “Club Rides” page on the KBC Website (https://www.kalamazoobicycleclub.org/rides/club-rides/), as well as other rides listed on the KBC Ride Calendar (for example a KalTour ride, an Anniversary Ride, or the W Ride).
Submitting a Ride Leader Registration indicates that the registrant understands and will fulfill the Ride Leader Responsibilities listed above.
The registration (on-line link available here) requires the following information:
Date of application: date
Registrant Name and Contact Information: name, email address, telephone number
A statement of support – This Registrant possesses the knowledge and skills necessary to conduct and supervise rides safely and in accordance with the law as it pertains to bicycling – from a KBC member.
Supporter Name and Contact Information: name, email address, telephone number