The Kalamazoo Scenic Bicycle Tour (KalTour) is the Kalamazoo Bicycle Club’s annual road tour designed for bicyclists of many ages and abilities. Distances range from 15 to 100 miles.
KalTour 2018 will take place on Sunday, June 24th.
KalTour starting times and distances are as follows:
~ 7:00 am to 8:30 am – 100 miles (century)
~ 7:00 am to 10:00 am – 62 miles (100 K or metric century)
~ 8:00 am to 11:00 am – 31 miles (50 K)
~ 9:00 am to 11:00 am – 15 miles
Maps will be provided for each route, and all routes will be well marked with color-coded arrows to indicate turns. Ride with GPS maps and cue sheets will be available before the ride date.
KalTour Ride Safety
- All riders must wear helmets and follow the rules of the road.
- All KalTour participants over the age of 18 must sign a waiver of liability on the day of the ride.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- A bicycle with multiple gears and in good working order is recommended for all riders.
How much does KalTour cost?
- Online registration before May 1: $25.00 for individuals; $45.00 for families ($5 discount for KBC members)
- Online registration May 1 – June 22: $30.00 for individuals; $55.00 for families ($5 discount for KBC members)
- Day of ride registration, at Registration Tent: $35.00 for individuals; $65.00 for families (NO discount for KBC members)
Online Registration – No service charges or added fees!
Registration for KalTour will be available on March 1, 2018
Directions to Start of KalTour
KalTour will start and end at Schoolcraft High School in Schoolcraft Michigan located in the southern part of Kalamazoo County. Schoolcraft High School is located at the intersection of Lyons Street (VW Avenue) and 14th Street.
Directions from Kalamazoo, Portage, and points north including Grand Rapids: Take US 131 South to the north traffic light in Schoolcraft (at the McDonalds restaurant) and turn left (east) onto Lyons Street. The school is approximately one-half mile on the left.
Directions from east and west of Kalamazoo: Take I-94 to US 131 South (Exit 74) for about eight miles.
- Registration is open from 7:00 am to 11:00 am.
- Century riders must start no later than 8:30 am.
- Metric Century riders must start no later than 10:00 am.
- Fast ride group (62 miles) leaves at 9:00 am.
- Moderate pace ride group (31 miles) leaves at 9:30 am.
- Escorted 15 mile ride leaves at 10:00 am.
- Lunch is available beginning at 10 am.
- Course closes at 4:00 pm.
- Watch this space and the KBC Facebook page for the starting times of more ride groups!
- Beautiful rest stops with toilet facilities.
- Plenty of sandwiches (including vegetarian and non-dairy choices), cookies, trail mix, and fruit
- Watermelon after the ride
- Additional fruit, cookie, and water stops on the 62 and 100 mile routes
- Routes maps and color-coded pavement marking at all turns and intersections
- Ride with GPS maps and cue sheets of all routes
- Support vehicles in case of breakdowns