Membership in KBC has many benefits including:
- Contact with and access to experienced riders for bicycling advice and training tips
- The opportunity to ride with others who share your fitness level and interests
- Safety on the roads that comes with riding in larger groups
- Chances to help promote bicycling as a healthy, fun, and safe activity
- Bicycling accident insurance coverage
- Participation in all social activities planned by the club
- Volunteer opportunities
Annual Fee for Membership in KBC
Other benefits are ready and regular access to the following:
KBC sponsors road bike rides nearly every day of the week from mid-March through the end of October, starting from several different sites in the county. The weekday rides range from 12 – 45 miles in length, and bicyclists at any skill level – from recreational to racer – are welcome. There are KBC ride leaders at most of the scheduled rides to help teach group riding skills and to promote safe biking.
The monthly KBC Newsletter contains a calendar of events, announcements of special rides, tips on biking techniques and mechanics, reports on past rides, and general information on the state of the sport. The PedalPress also includes monthly KBC Board meeting minutes, keeping members abreast of what is happening in the Club.
KBC organizes a major local bicycle tour (and Club fundraiser) in June, the KalTour, with marked 15-100 mile routes available, food stops, and prize giveaways. KBC also sponsors several extended or daylong weekend tours during the summer, including the Ride to South Haven, the “W” Ride, the Anniversary Ride, and the Ride Around Kalamazoo County.
KBC members may post a recommendation for a bicycling-related event in which they have participated and enjoyed or an event they are sponsoring/organizing. Please contact the KBC webmaster to have your event considered for posting.